• This week’s wrap-up is a two week edition! Last Sunday was Mother’s Day – always a blast with our family! – and, honestly, I just didn’t feel like typing up a post super late.
• I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but every Mother’s Day my family does the Race for the Cure. We get together with the in-laws and all the men stay behind to get brunch ready/watch any babies while the ladies all head out! It’s always so much fun, even though this year was so rainy. I absolutely love the race itself, but there’s something so magical about the end. The finish line is at Phipps Conservatory which is hands down one of the most beautiful buildings ever. &, naturally, the brunch afterward is always something to look forward to! I made avocado hummus (for the first time!) and it was a hit :)
• Who else woke up before dawn to watch the wedding??? Matt had fallen asleep on the couch while the pups and I had all gone up to bed – okay, let’s be honest, there is NOTHING like having a King size bed all to yourself, am I right? WELL. I woke up just before 4:30 and watched BBC’s coverage. I guess neither dog is a fan of the royal family because they both took off downstairs ha. They must have woken him up because he came upstairs, took one look at what I was watching, and immediately began making fun of me. #noregrets It was gorgeous and obvs Idris was first in line to walk into the church.
• A while ago I joked with a coworker about how I have so many cat-print clothes that I was tempted to wear nothing but cat clothes all week and see if anyone notices.
• Do you follow me on instagram? Yesterday I posted some photos to my stories about a new leash Matt bought: it’s one of those ones where you can walk two dogs at once. Hoo boy. It was an experience. (I also posted an ADORABLE picture of Nacho after we came home!)
• MISSED SOMETHING THIS WEEK? I shared a recipe for a crazy simple cinnamon-pecan coffee cake. Yum!!
I shared a new edition of currently.
Piper J. Drake is a new-to-me author, but after devouring Total Bravery, I know I’m going to be back for more!
I couldn’t wait for Heidi Chiavaroli’s latest after falling hard for her debut. I’m thrilled to say The Hidden Side is just as excellent with it’s Culper spy ring, a radio host, and the diary that connects the two stories. SO good.
And, finally, The Boy From Tomorrow, Camille DeAngelis’s Middle Grade novel about two children who manage to communicate to each other a century apart. I was pleasantly surprised with this one.
What Would Dolly Do? by Lauren Marino
I mean, do I need to say anything here?? Thank you, Grand Central!
The Summer I Met Jack by Michelle Gable
You’re probably all sick of seeing me talk about this one – and the book isn’t even out yet! This week I received a beautiful finished copy. This one follows a maid working for the Kennedys, an affair with JFK, and a rumored baby! Thank you, St. Martin’s Press!